Casey Family Programs' Seattle Field Office is looking for some very special people to join our team. We are recruiting for foster parents to work with youth ages 11 to 18 who are in the state foster care system.
Over 100 teens age out of the King County foster care system each year. Many of these youth have no significant connections to family or other positive adults. It is our goal to work with the state and our foster parents to help youth reconnect with family and develop lifelong connections. Our ultimate goal is to see that every youth has a place to call home.
Your responsibilities as a foster parent include the following:
- Day to day parenting, including school advocacy
- Supporting youth in connecting with their birth family
- Contributing to a team that helps youth identify and develop lifelong connections
- Participating in our trainings and learning opportunities
We're especially looking for caregivers who:
- Like teenagers and like partnering with others
- Want to contribute to a youth’s support system
- Value diversity and enjoy working with diverse populations
- Can withhold judgment about people with different values, identities or cultures
- Are willing to ask for help and be a team player
You must be able to pass a licensing home study in order to qualify as a Casey Family Programs foster parent. For more information, please contact us.